Before a coupleEdit
- Dell was a basketball player at Virginia Tech
- Sonya was a volleyball player at Virginia Tech
Both Curry and Adams were born and are natives of Virginia. Both of them were All-Americans in their respective sports during high school and they chose to attend Virginia Tech. Curry was a junior and Adams was a freshman when, as the story goes, he first asked her out after one of his games. Adams had attracted Curry’s attentions for the majority of her freshman year and once he asked her out on that first date, the path to romance was all but built. They were married in 1988 and moved to Charlotte, North Carolina after Dell was selected by the Charlotte Hornets in the NBA expansion draft that year. All three children attended the Charlotte Christian School.
Dell and Sonya have three children.
- Wardell Stephen Curry Jr: Born in 1988.
- Seth Adham Curry: Born in 1990
- Sydel Alicia Curry: Born in 1994
Dell and Sonya have four grandchildren.
- Riley Curry: Born in 2012.
- Ryan Curry: Born in 2015
- Carter Curry: Born in 2018.
- Canon Curry: Born in 2018.